Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Upcoming African Musical Festival: AfroDreamFest comes to NYC




I am pleased to announce to you that AfroDreamFest is bringing itself to New York City this year.  I am thrilled to be assisting with this event.  It's going to be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! 

Let me not be too wordy (as I usually am) and let me get right to the nitty gritty.

What:  AfroDreamFest 2015 in NYC
When/Where:
May 22nd @ Meridian 23 (161 W 23rd St, New York, NY) 7:30 pm - wee hours of the morning
May 23rd @ Silvana (300 W 116th St, New York, NY) 8 - 10 pm.

Who (this list is not complete, it is ongoing):
Eli Fola (AfroJazz)
Tosinger (Folk/R&B)
Ayanbinrin (Talking Drum)
OgaSilachi (AfroR&B)
Laolu & the Afromysterics (Afrobeat, Soul, Reggae)

AfroDreamFest is a celebration of African music and features African musicians from both the continent and the diaspora.  Check back soon and I'll be posting more about all the artists involved!

To get your early bird ticket from me!!! email me at katehallet@gmail.com or go to eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/afrodreamfest-2015-nyc-tickets-16918173713

More info is at www.afrodreamfest.com or www.laolusenbanjo.com

Come check out some amazing African music in New York!

Don't forget to come say hi if you come by!

Follow us at @afrodreamfest on twitter and instagram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment