Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Getting back on track...


So life in New York is always crazy.  Like always.  This is good and bad.  You have to surrender to this city sometimes and just accept that you will always be busy and that you need to pick and choose what you want to do and how to live your life or you will go CRAZY!  I mean, there's crazy and then there's CRAZY!

With that said, although you have to surrender to New York, which I have surrendered to her majesty, you also need to learn how to not allow her to consume you, she can be like the ocean and swallow you up whole.  Currently, I am not a hundred percent happy with my situation in life.  This is for many many reasons.  One, I am not completely happy with my eating habits and my weight/body image.  Having a baby does things to your body, things that no woman talks about, things I cannot explain and I currently don't know how to deal with.  Two, I am not cooking enough and this makes me unhappy.  Cooking brings me joy.  So I am going to start cooking again soon and begin another round of the whole 30 or gluten free month or something like it.  Three, I have started to yoga again and need to keep this up. 

Routine used to be so important to me.  I have some routines currently but most of them are forced upon me, not by choice.  But I must begin to have some routine in my life again, but the routine will be of things I love and choose. 

I am also reading currently two different books for my book clubs. 

Book One:  The Folded Clock, A Diary by Heidi Julavits (for my Summer 2013 Cortelyou Moms book club).  This is a closed group.  The reading of this book is going very slow but I hope it picks up. 

Book Two:  The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma (for my African Art and Culture in Brooklyn and beyond meetup group.  This is open to the public.  join us!)  http://www.meetup.com/African-Art-Music-and-Culture-in-Brooklyn-and-Beyond/  This is actually my meetup group that I started.  This is one of the many things that keeps me busy here in Brooklyn. 

What are you reading?  Please comment!

If you are in NY, how do you avoid being swallowed whole by her majesty?


No comments:

Post a Comment