Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Power of Yahoogroups

So in my lifetime,  I've been so blessed.  People have mostly blessed me with information, that information has led me to some great successes and continues to do so.  One thing at the heart of my success has always been,  yahoogroups,  oddly enough.  I don't like yahoo mail, never have, never really used it much but all the yahoogroups that I've been part of,  still am part of have been instrumental to me success in life.

Yahoogroups have given me friends,  housing,  jobs,  things,  beds,  cribs,  and much more when I needed them. My yahoogroups connection once gave me 3 job interviews the same day I learnt I was being laid off.  When I lost my housing yahoogroups helped take me in within hours.  When I was in transit and needed things that I couldn't easily access because they were in storage again, it was yahoogroups that helped me.

The other day, I needed a crockpot because I had a crockpot emergency (that's a story for another day) and it again it was my yahoogroups that saved the day.

Yahoogroups are kind of like phantoms.  You can't really see anyone (not like Facebook or instagram), it doesn't judge you,  but you just post to a group and people post back.  Simple.  Lovely.  Beautiful. I love my yahoogroups.

I'm going to take time right now to thank them. 
Thank you to the abuja_expats yahoogroup, without you there would never have been a Kate in Abuja.  There may not even be this blog for that matter!
Thanks so much to CortelyouMoms yahoogroup and flatbushfamilynetwork yahoogroup, right now I'd probably be in Jersey if not for you!

Yahoogroups has changed my life.  Taught me so much.  Taught me that there are so many good people in this world.  Taught me that I should appreciate all that I have and give back when I can. I'm truly blessed.  I love my community.  Flatbush is the best.  Brooklyn is so much better because of this real community.

Yahoo, you may not be Google,  but in some ways,  your way better!

Thanks for listening.

Much love,

Kate

What are you waiting for? Go search for the yahoogroup that will save your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment