Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Chocolate Rum Cake made by the Oyinbo Cook

So I've decided to diversify my baked products lately.  This one was inspired from two things!  One, the band (Laolu & the Afromysterics www.laolusenbanjo.com) that I manage just turned one this week, and it slightly reminds me of a rum cake that we used to have at my Aunt's house during Christmas while growing up.  Her neighbor (a Jehovah's Witness) used to make it and give them out as gifts.  Her's was strictly a rum cake but I decided to change it up a bit.  I tried out a few different recipes and this is a photo of the smaller cake I made with extra batter that I had.  Just in case you don't know, I sell my baked goods and deliver them for free in Flatbush or Prospect Park South and will deliver to all parts of NYC and depending on the location, some parts of Jersey.  

email me at theoyinbocook@gmail.com if you are interested.  

Just know that you are supporting a family that solely survives on its art forms.  So you are helping make the world a better and happy place.

This cake was divine.  We scarfed down the entire pan at the Shrine on Saturday night when we celebrated.  It was moist, has pecans, and  very boozy... Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment