Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Chocolate Mousse by the Oyinbo Cook

So tonight, I made Chocolate Mousse from scratch.  I have not done this in years, literally since I think maybe 2001.  My Mom and I had made it during Christmas a few years before she had passed away.  However, it was not from scratch.  I bought some box mix from somewhere, I think World Market or something.  Yet, we did make homemade chocolate bowls to serve it in.  It was delicious.  This recipe has a very different story to it though.  My Mom would have liked this story.  She probably would have liked this recipe as well.  It is extremely easy, as long as you know how to cook.
I love NPR.  Anyone that knows me, knows this.  So last year (I think) I was listening to this NPR story and the woman was talking about how she lived in Paris and at dinner parties everyone would serve chocolate mousse for dessert.  It was often women who couldn't really cook.  The mousse always tasted the same and she loved it.  She tried a million recipes and it never tasted like the mousse she at the dinner parties.  Anyways, long story short, someone gave her a Chocolate Nestle Bar and low and behold the recipe was inside.  That was the secret.

Anyways, I decided to give it a try.  It is delicious.

Below are a few photos of my time making it.









The photos are out of order.  Anyways, stay tuned to see images of the final product.


In case you want to watch the youtube video it is here: http://youtu.be/VclWbogq3b4

and the npr story is here:  http://www.npr.org/2014/02/13/276044516/paris-confidential-the-mystery-mousse-behind-the-chocolate-bar

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment