Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

My fave Jazz songs of All Time

If you know me, like really know me, like face-to-face, you will know that I love music and that I consider myself a connoisseur of music as well.  Now, I don't know a LOT about ALL types of music and I don't even know much about Jazz but, I do know that I really enjoy listening to Jazz.

So here is my list of top ten favourite Jazz songs of all time.  The first song happens to be a song that I love love love and I would consider it my favourite song of all time.  It makes me smile everytime I hear it.  Please  feel free to comment and share your own top ten!


Jazz songs of all time:
1.  David Brubeck Quartet, “Take That”
2.  Miles Davis, “So what”
3.  Duke Ellington and  John Coltrane “In a Sentimental Mood”
4.  Benny Goodman Orchestra "Sing, Sing, Sing"
5.  Thelonious Monk, "Straight, No Chaser"
6. Miles Davis, "Freddie Freeloader"
7.  Billie Holiday, "God bless the Child"
8.  Glenn Miller, "In the Mood"
9.  Louis Armstrong, "Stardust"
10.  Us3, "Cantaloop" (I consider this Jazz)

I'm sure over time, this list may change, I am after all, a young woman.  I am sure this list will also grow.  Now, I love love love African music as well and consider a lot of what I listen to 'Jazz' but technically the artists themselves might not consider themselves Jazz musicians, so I will work on an African song list soon.  

Happy reading!  Please do comment o!


1 comment:

  1. Kate am an older woman and they still haven't changed. Classics. Listening this morning to Benny Goodman, 'If I had you'.

    ReplyDelete