Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Eve

So this topic is a bit of a double entendre.  I saw the film, New Year's Eve recently and loved loved loved it.  I highly recommend it.  Go and  see it!

Also, this New Year's Eve I did something new.  I went to church at 9pm for Crossover.  This is very common and normal in Nigeria.  We had an amazing firework display, lots of songs in Nigerian languages, and of course prayers, praise and worship.  There was also a bonfire. 

A few hours before hand, the President Goodluck Jonathan declared a state of emergency in many areas/states/local government areas in Nigeria.  So many people were not planning on going out or going to church due to the recent attacks.  However, nothing was going to stop me from going to church.  I really enjoyed myself.  Security was high at church, but this is a good thing. 

So far my 2012 has been very quiet but that's okay. 

How's your year going so far???

No comments:

Post a Comment