Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Good food, Good friends

Today is Wednesday. I love love Wednesdays. Why? Wednesdays are ice cream days at the Berger Canteen. So today's meal was exceptional because they had almost all of my favorite foods! I had chicken, fried rice, palm oil stew, plantains, coleslaw, an amazing mushroom soup and caramel, chocolate and banana ice cream for dessert! Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm. So good.

What made it even better is that I got to eat with girls Izzie and Thalie. It was so nice to 'gist' with them and share good food. Gist is what Nigerians call 'chat' in the US. Ladies get together and chat over coffee. Here people say 'gist.'. Let's gist.

The elections are on Saturday. We are not allowed out during this time. It shall be interesting to see how it goes.

I'm not feeling too great these days. Keep coming down with something or the other. I'm at the clinic at this very moment writing this with my phone. I'm having a fever and body ache which sounds a lot like malaria. :(
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment