Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On happiness

On happiness

These days I am quite happy, I might even go as far as to say I’m blissful.  I’m learning more about patience and about compromise.  

Work keeps me busy throughout my six day work week.  I enjoy what I am doing and overall I really like my colleagues.  I continue to have issues with jealousy and envy within the workplace though.  But I am learning to deal and cope with that.  I spend my days at work and my nights either doing my supermarket run, swimming, at choir, or caregroup.  I am not getting as much exercise as I’d like because of my intense work schedule.  Other than the occasional swim and the hash every other weekend, my exercise schedule is limited.  I want to try and expand it to going to the gym but I am not there yet.  One reason is I don’t have the key.  I haven’t paid the 10,000 naira fee, not because I haven’t wanted too but mostly because the lady isn’t around to collect it and give me the fee.  

My laptop died last week.  This is going to force me to get out and exercise more because now I have nothing to do in the evenings.  I have nothing to watch any television show or film on!  It’s quite saddening for me actually.  I enjoy my evenings in and relaxing while watching ‘Modern Family.’  But now I can’t watch my shows or download my new podcasts or anything...  It’s depressing but the mac was 6 years old.  So... 
So from reading friend’s blogs and seeing others move to new places and the possibility of living in other areas of Nigeria I have been thinking lately of places I might like to live both in Nigeria and outside.  So I would definitely like to live in Lagos someday, even with the traffic, that’s the only place I’d like to live in Nigeria outside of Abuja, for now, I’d consider Kano as well or Kaduna.  But outside of Nigeria there are many places I’d like to live but some of them might be difficult because of language barriers or having to learn a new language or actually learn the language instead of my failed attempts.  Some of these places are:  France (I love France, the country, the food, the culture, although, not necessarily the people, the Minnesota gal in me is too friendly and nice and sometimes I expect the same courtesy back), the UK (I’d be down for pretty much anywhere, not just England either, I’d like to live in Scotland or Ireland as well, plus, I have the language down pretty good), Canada (either Toronto or British Columbia), and for the US I’d like to live in Boston, the Bay area, LA, or Seattle, I would also consider Japan because I do love the food but again the language would be a severe issue.  And I’m always down for trying another African country out, nothing in particular in mind.  And honestly, from the curveballs life has thrown at me in the last year, you never know what the next six months will bring.  But I am always up for exploring something new.  Plus, you never know what might cause some more happiness in your life!

For now, I leave you with this.  I am trying so hard to realize everyday the blessings I have in my life.  I encourage you to do the same.  Stay blessed, ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment