Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Working Woman

So I am now officially a working woman.  Yes, I was a working in December and at the beginning of the January as well.  But now, it’s official.  I am a working woman, with a home of my own, a LONG work week, and trying to create a routine and new life here in Abuja.  Working 6 days a week and 56 hours is not easy.  It’s been a slight challenge getting used to structure.  The thing I longed for so long I now have, structure.  However, 56 hours of it and jetlag from travelling to the states and back has done me in.  I have had the intention of going to breakfast at the canteen since last week.  It was only today, one week later that I have succeeded.  Breakfast is from 6-6:45am and work begins at 7am.  So in order to do breakfast I have to be up  by at least 5:30 and leave by 6ish to go and eat.  However, I haven’t been able to drag myself out of bed before 6, not once this week until today, SATURDAY of all days, I get up at 5:23am.  

However, my job is treating me well and I am enjoying my work and new co-workers, new surroundings and more.  Life in Abuja is a pleasant surprise that I never expected one year ago.  The last year life has brought me several surprises.  All of them slightly unexpected, all of them good.  All of the changes have not been easy to make or accept at first, but in the end, I am realizing they are all blessings and changes for the better.   I am learning to live alone, learning to make better choices and decisions in life, learning a new language, learning more about my spirituality, and I might even go as far as to say, I’m growing up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment