Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas is coming


So it's been ages since I've blogged last.  This is mostly purposeful.  Those of you know me know why.  But I am back and will be posting at least a blog a week, I hope!

So I've made the move out of Yola and into Abuja.  Abuja life is much different than Yola.  Abuja moves quicker, it's cleaner and more sleek.  Socially there's so much to do all the time.

Christmas is coming quickly.  Living in Abuja makes Christmas an actual season in Nigeria compared to life in Yola where I never felt like it was coming up.  It's nice.  I never thought I could feel like I was waiting for Christmas to come in Nigeria.  But I can't wait to start baking Christmas cookies, I want to search Wuse II market for Christmas films, and love to look at each twinkling light on every Christmas tree I come upon.  It's fantastic.

Nigeria really is my home and I am happy to be here.

I have been busy working, going to different events, making new friends and spending time with the old and wonderful ones.  A few things I have done recently were a baby naming ceremony for boss' child.  He has many names, a few are:  Okekioluwa (my favorite), Olugbemileke, Harrold, and Solomon.  I went to the Julius Berger Holiday fair.  I went to a lovely philanthropy dinner at the Hilton with Alena.  I also went to a great photography exhibit at the US Embassy.

I am hanging in there.  As usual, I am looking forward to the holidays and play Christmas carols all the time.  There will be more to come...  Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kate, as you are now in Abuja, I wanted to introduce myself. I saw one of your posts on Abuja expats and have been interested in reading your blog. Then I met Alena on Saturday, and she has told me more about you. My wife and I are from Mississippi, have been in Nigeria for 5 years, and are always happy to talk with any American who actually enjoys life here! Glad you are adjusting to Abuja and I'm told you'll be working for Berger. Would like to meet you sometime, help you know the place and people better, and we'd be glad to offer you a home cooked American meal :) Let me know, I'll look forward to hearing from you.

    Mark Holmes (with Sabrina and 3 children)
    missionaryholmes.blogspot.com
    0805.323.1487

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! i can imagine living in yola, i visited yola once and the heat was something else! Abuja is cool if you know all the "joints".

    funny but i was at the photo exhibition@the embassy by Jefrey.

    ReplyDelete