Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Patience


Someone said, "good things come to those who wait."  Well, those of you who know me well know I am not a patient person when it comes to waiting.  In fact, it *was one of my worst traits until recently.  I was known to be patient with difficult to handle special needs children and my father, but waiting for my mom to get home from work growing up almost killed me on a daily basis.  I hate being late, I hate people arriving or meeting me late, etc.  I used to freak out when I had to wait for almost anything.  Well, not anymore.

This summer has tested my patience.  I have learned that not all things are on Kate's time.  That sometimes I need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride or view for a bit and that eventually it will be my time.  But I think my time is finally arriving.  My time is now.  Just like the Moloko song "the time is now."  I have waited patiently all summer long, it has not been easy, but I did it.  And guess what?  Good things are coming.  Kate is smiling again.  Of course, she still misses her friends and loved ones, but she'll be reunited with them all soon enough!  And the smile will still be there of course!

So I'm almost 30 and I have learned something new.  I have learned to wait and be patient and I did it all before I turned 30.  Now that is something to be proud of!

The weather in Yola has been incredible lately.  It's been cool, like in the low 90's and breezy.  I am loving it.  Seriously.  I just wish the pool would be filled up again.  I so cannot wait to swim again!  Anyway, I am alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment