Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Loneliness


In Yola, I have felt more lonely than I ever have in my life.  I think this has happened because I have created so many true friends in one small place.  Over the summer, most of my friends and loved ones have slowly left Yola.  One by one or two by two, they all got on planes and went to other parts of Nigeria, France, America, England, South Africa or some other place, some other place than Yola, far far away from me.  So often when we travel, our friends that we leave behind are out of sight, out of mind for the time being.

Currently, I have only one good friend in Yola.  I am lonely.  I am so lonely I have no words for it.  I miss my loved ones.  I miss them so much I cry all the time.  I miss them so much I cannot eat, keep food down when, sleep, or focus on much of anything.

I hate loneliness.  I think this is one of the worst feelings in the world.  Slowly but surely soon everyone (or mostly) will return to Yola.  However, only time will tell my fate as well.  Being in Yola without my friends and loved ones has really made me see how important they are too me and how precious they are.  I am going to make sure to tell each and every one of them how important they are too me and what they mean.  So for today, I have learned gratitude.  I am grateful for those who love me, thank you.  For all my friends and loved ones out there you all know who you are I miss you and I can't wait till I see you again...


1 comment:

  1. hi, its been nice to see someone in yola bloging regularly. i am from yola myself,and i know well how lonely it can get,i feel sad 4 u that ur friends are far from u,it most be extremely lonely 4 u.,hope u 4 the best..cheers

    ReplyDelete