Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

yola fever

There comes a time, maybe each year, maybe each season, where this happens to each and everyone one of us here.  Well, locals maybe not so much, but expats and non Yola natives alike, most likely.  It's hot, unbearably hot.  Hotter than anywhere else on earth it feels like.  Hotter than Death Valley, California and there's humidity to add to it.  Prof Charles tells me to 'grin and bear it' and that I've already done this once before.  And it's so true, I have.  I have done the hot season before and the hot and humid season, but I guess it's not so much Yola, it's more AUN.  I am feeling smothered and suffocated and I must get out before I lose it.  It started as yolaitis and now it's yola fever.  If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. 

1 comment:

  1. We may be coming to Yola...any advice? My email is jwallitsch@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete