Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the heat



      The picture above is from the recent Kaduna trip.  I am posting it because I am rarely featured in my own blog.  From the left is me, TJ and then Arthur.  We had a fantastic time on this trip even though we had a lot of problems.  Wahalla, wahalla, wahalla.  But I will give you that story another day.  This photo was taken at the French Cafe, the restaurant we ate at everyday while we were there.  We all thoroughly enjoyed the Cream of Chicken soup as we ate it everyday.  I had the kebbi, Chicken tawouk, and the chicken fajitas.  All were tasty.
      Life in Yola has been miserably hot.  It's so much hotter this year than last.  Presently at this moment it's 119 Fahrenheit.  The heat is just blasting on us and the AC's around campus are continuously busting down.  It's getting more than a little out of control.  I am looking forward to my dip in the pool in a little while.  It is so hot, I think they should cancel classes because I certainly cannot think, I do not know how they do, meaning the students or the Professor.  I can barely write.  All I can do is sleep and watch some telly on my laptop.
      Anyway, this was my miserable attempt at a post in the heat.  I will keep on trying.

Cheers, ya'll and stay outta this heat!  It will kill you.  For all my Minnesotans out there, I'm certainly getting a tan though, finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment