Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

weekend

This picture is from Yankari while we are hiking along the caves.  I feel like I'm on a path to nowhere which was how I felt on this hike.  


It's the weekend and man, it really feels like it for me, seriously.  The funny thing is I don't really even have an serious weekend plans.  I don't know if we are going to chill and drink at the club tonight, or go the Aisha, or the Fire Service.  Or just chill and watch the olympic highlights at the house.  Yeah, we seriously only get the highlights.  It sucks, but it's better than when I was in Alaska and got nothing besides the occasional five minutes on tv at the bar.  Anyway, no real plans, but I really feel like whooping it up, or at least this morning I do.  I've been jamming to tunes all morning in my room and now at my desk.  So I am totally in the Friday mood. 

So for lent, I'm not a practicing Catholic, Jew or Muslim at all.  Raised Catholic, dad's side was Jewish but converted before I came along and I worked at many Jewish orgs and I consider myself a Jew, and married a Muslim who is no longer practicing.  Anyway, but I am currently teaching a huge unit about world religions to my students and on Tuesday we studied fat tuesday, so I have decided to go 40 days and 40 nights completely gluten free and soda and caffeine free!   Eeek!  Wow!  Kai!  That's what Labaran said to me.  That's longer than Ramadan.  My Christian students, 2 outta the 3 boys that is, have also given things up.  Anyway, so I gave up coffee which is affecting my mornings, but not my nights!  I can drink, drink, drink away as much as my body can handle. 

Sunday is another 'Quiz night.'  Yep, it's still during the day and not at night and we still don't have a better name.  Triviathon maybe?  Could work, I suppose.  Anyway, shall be interesting.  The Crazy Nutter Prof who had a freak out last time asked if we were having another this Sunday!  Yikes!

Yesterday, on a whim, I applied for a couple of jobs at MIT.  Yeah, I probably won't even get interviews, but yes, I did it.  I don't know really what it means or not.  I don't hate Yola, or even the chaos here at AUN, but I do feel like I am moving nowhere quickly.  Even if I do get another job with more responsibilities and a higher pay, I still don't know what that means.  I feel like when I am stateside and in school seriously, than maybe I'll feel closer to coming into a goal.  Which is really what I want.  But then I have this stupid lingering need every now and againg to start a fam and I don't want to be a student and mom.  Not now that is.  So...  Anyway, I guess I need to ponder some more. 

It's 9am and I have my first class of the day now.  So I am going to jam to 'Miracle' by Man one more time before giving out a journal topic of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment