Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I've been a bad bad blogger

Hello all,

I know, I know, I've been a very bad blogger.  Some of it I have good reasons or excuses for and some not so good reasons or excuses.

For example, I was on vacation in Egypt and did not have time or money always to post, plus I was sick and I was on vacation.  But if I am going to be serious about writing this year, which I want to be, I need to be doing this, even on vacation.  So you are going to be seeing a lot more of me on here and some not on here but which will be written, probably by hand.  Also, my friend Steph is here visiting from Alaska or Michigan, depending on what she considers home.  Home, yeah, what's that?  There's a running joke between me and the Prof because people are always asking him what is home and he says Yola and they say, no that's not your home, but that's for another day.

Anyway, I will be posting Egypt pics and stories randomly.  I'll also be posting more about daily life in Yola and tell you what's been going on in our household.  But for now I am going to take a moment and be a little Nigerian and welcome you to 2010!  I am big on new year's resolutions but I have been breaking my one and only one almost daily.  Yep, I am off to a very bad start.  C'est la vie!

My one and only NYR was to eat breakfast daily.  Now if you consider two cups of coffee in the car on the way to work, a banana within the first three hours of being awake, and a cup of liquid soup within the first two hours drunk, and a sprite with emergen-c in it as breakfast, well, then I'm not doing so bad.  Now, my resolution should have been to have a morning filled with an all liquid diet and I'd be doing just grand.  Anyway, even today, a Saturday, I got up and heated up some non GF pizza and ate three slices.  Breakfast = yes, good for me = No!

Yesterday, Steph, the Prof and me all went to Alhaji Chairman Ahmed Joda's farm with Alhaji Mohamed.  See how Nigerian I am becoming!?  Anyway, Ahmed Joda (now this is the real me) is the Chair of the Board of AUN and he has one of the largest farming operations in Yola.  He also owns the polo horses which we ride occasionally.  It was a good fun experience with a surreal African sunset.  I couldn't get over how large or glorious it was.  I'm editing this post right now because I forgot to mention the most important part.  What we actually witnessed while we were there was the female cows being artificially inseminated by the vet.  The vet's name is Dr. Sunday and now this means we have a vet named Dr. Sunday for Beowulf, Lucky and Einstein!  So this makes me happy. 

Anyway, this morning I was doing some summer research on what we will do to get back to Nigeria from Cambridge once my summer classes at Harvard are finished.  I am considering taking a ferry trip to Juneau to visit friends, one being Steph, of course.  The other thing I was researching was our hopeful Queen Mary 2 trip across the Atlantic on our way back to Yola town.  However, if I want to do both of these boat trips it might be logistically impossible due to time!  :-(  No fair and no fun.   So it seems like we might be making a choice between one or the other.  But if we do the QM2, which I think is a must for us, we have to leave NYC on August 8th which is earlier than we wanted but which might mean we will just spend more time in the UK or grande ole Paris.

Anyway, I am back and in full force and get on me if I'm not writing on this thing.


Cheers,

Katya

No comments:

Post a Comment