Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The day after

83 Degrees Fahrenheit
2:25pm Nigerian Time
Written to the cricket in my window of my classroom, wait make that two cricket's songs

So a lot has been going on, as usual. I am now 29 and one day as Labaran reminded me this morning. It hasn't sunk in yet, maybe it never will since age is gradual. School is super busy. We are about to have the end of the quarter exams! Holy cow! We had country presentations yesterday! We've been preparing for the big party in 10 days! Making costumes, table cloths, etc. I think I'm going to do some paper mache decorations for the tables of some sort, I think. Today I even got conned into being a caterer this weekend.

Anyway, Carmencita threw me a lovely little birthday party dinner last night. Friday we are going out dancing. Saturday I have a comedy show to go to. Not to mention quiz night and yoga and belly dancing. ughhh. Does it ever settle down?

Anyway, the point of this post is things are moving forward, quickly as always, I don't feel any older, nor settled, nor like I have to worry about turning 30. What is thirty other than a social construct of expectations? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment