Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

book list anyone?

Hey All,

So as m0st of you know I teach both middle and high school literature. I'm taking suggestions for any genre of literature. Give me your favorite books you read in high school, that you checked out from the library or some thing that's age appropriate. If it's not appropriate for all ages, mention which it is for... Please comment.

Some upcoming books we might read:

The Secret Life of Bees
Holes
The Hobbit (although cannot get a copy yet)
The House on Mango Street
The Crucible
Of Mice and Men
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part time Indian
A Raisin in the Sun
The Tell Tale Heart (read that one today)
Treasure Island (just finishing)
Purple Hibiscus
Mission to Kala

Suggestions please?

Na gode (thank you).

Either post a comment or send an e-mail. katherine.lawal@aun.edu.ng

3 comments:

  1. Burning Grass
    The Passport of Mallam Ilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you posted this a while ago, but I was just purusing your blog and both missing Yola and being glad I am back in the US with reliable internet and steady access to chocolate and nuts.

    Anyway, I wanted to chime in on the books. I absolutely favorite books that I read in high school were To Kill and Mockingbird, Sherlock Holmes (any of the short stories--which I believe you can usually find online, or the books), Cry the Beloved Country, Their Eyes Were Watching God (which might be difficult to get ahold of), Pride and Prejudice, and I loved the "Julie" books in junior high (Julies of the Wolves, Julie, Julie's Wolf Pack).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girl on the train!!!!!! Awesome insane twisted book!!!! Must read

    ReplyDelete