Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

life in yola

I'm adding some photos here, they were taken a while back, but at least you can some of what life is like here.



This photo is a village on the way to Fufore from Yola. Fufore is the local government (county) on my license plate. They had no Yola ones left when we bought our car. This gives you an idea of the terrain, houses, and scenery around us.



This is a sunset from the club. The sunrises at 6 and sets at 6 everyday. Yes, the cars are very similar and could have even come from the states.


A local eyore 'donkey' here. I'm in ove with these guys. I want one!



Einstein is on the left and Oliver is on the right. Two out of the three piebald cat orphans we have!



So life here has its ups and downs. Banji's pay is decent and there are major perks. No rent, no taxes, vacation time, no paying for electric and stuff like that. But there are some major downfalls too. No internet, no electricity, major heat, politicking, etc. Recently, my main struggles are: waiting for confirmation of a job/contract, a houseguest who's very different than me, getting our holiday trip put together.

Today, the Prof, Labaran and Amin went off to Sukur, without me. I have a bad backache and I think it's for the best that I stay here. It gives me a day to just chill. We had some stress yesterday. Labaran hit someone else's car with ours at Oasis Bakery. Labaran cut his finger really bad while making chicken for Beowulf and the cats. When he lit the crazy oven of ours, Lucky was underneath and was not so lucky and his little whiskers and hair got singed. I'm most worried about his ears which got burnt as well. I put fresh aloe vera on him and gave him crushed panadol in milk. I know, I know, it sounds a little crazy. But the shit this poor cat has gone through is unbelievable! I'm trying to arrange this UK trip. It's kind of stressing me out. The UK is so expensive! Anyway, so I am home relaxing, canceling our hotel reservations from Italy and watching Whale Wars and In Treatment on DVD.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment