Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

keep on movin on


Life here in Nigeria is moving so quickly, or at least it seems to. Weeks move much more quickly, It seems Juma'a is always around the corner. Weekends are much different here than in the states. They aren't filled with drunken episodes, trips to a mall or target, or to see a film. They are very similar to the rest of the days of the week, except, minus a trip to the office and insert a trip to the market instead, but equally exhausting. I am not sure if it's the heat, the amount of work we are expected to do, they weight of the state of Adamawa on most of our shoulders, but stress feels so much heavier here. Everyday I am so tired and ready to go to bed by 8pm.

Despite all the differences between Yola and the US I love it here. There's so much promise and people here are all ready and willing to work. Banji seems to miss the US a whole lot more than I do. That is interesting to me, considering this is his home and not mine. I have found myself much more at ease here than he has.

The photo is of at Martha's hut in Mbamba, a village just outside of Yola.

No comments:

Post a Comment